Saturday 14 June 2014

The Sun, Jeremy Clarkson and Keld

 
 
 
 
22 million householders throughout the country have received, this week, a free Sun newspaper supplement called This is Our England.  After a quick glance at the Queen and Mick Jagger my copy was quickly discarded. It is nothing short of a minor miracle that my copy survived as it could so easily have been used to:-
 a) light the fire - perhaps not in June
 b) stuff a pair of bog-ridden, wet, sweaty walking boots belonging to one of my B&B guests - much more likely
 c) been recycled - lucky escape, it was waste collection this week
 
Imagine my surprise when I received an email alerting me to the content on page 17! Jeremy Clarkson of Top Gear fame writes, in the opening paragraph of his column, that Keld (yes, our Keld) is about the most beautiful place on earth. What a gift, what impeccable taste, what recognition! 
 
Thank you, Jeremy Clarkson.  Come back soon and write some more.

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment